Migrating from Eyeshot version 6.0
We recommend to take a full backup of your project(s) including your existing Eyeshot 6.x DLL. To migrate your Eyeshot 6.x based application to Eyeshot 7.0, follow the steps below:
- Replace the Eyeshot 6.x DLL with the devDept.Geometry.dll and devDept.Eyeshot.Control.dll
- Try to compile
Please note that:
- Was dropped support for .NET Framework 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005/2008
- Installation folder is now C:\Program Files instead of C:\Program Files (x86)
- ICurve and Plane.ClosestPointTo() were renamed to Project()
- IFace.GetPortionTriangles() was renamed to GetPolygonMeshes() (see DemoProject for usage)
- unitSystemType was renamed to linearUnitsType
- A number of Entity class methods changed signature: they now accept a class object parameter that contains all the old parameters
- Support for DWG/DXF import/export was deeply changed as explained here.
- Mesh.TextureCoords is now of type PointF instead of Point2D
- Moved the Utility.Unlock() method inside the UtilityEx class
- Removed the ObjectSnap and Dimensioning source code samples
- Removed the ViewportLayout.Entitites.Font property, now it needs to be specified in the ViewportLayout.TextStyles collection.